Display Settings Colour

ramblerjohn 22:22 21 Apr 04

Help
My display settings have defaulted to 16 colours i have reset them several times to 256 but to no avail. The computer keeps going back to 16 colours even after re starting.
All help would be appreciated

Many Thanks

John

Djohn 22:37 21 Apr 04

It sounds as though the driver is corrupt! If you have a separate driver for the display then re-install. If the driver is within windows itself, click on search for better or newer driver. This should cure the problem.

If you are not sure how to do this, please post back to this thread and one of the forum members will talk you through the procedure.

A couple of details would be handy though, Type of monitor and screen size, name/model of display driver. Again if your not sure of the latter then the make/model of PC will help. j.

harps1h 23:06 21 Apr 04

why do you want 256 colours when16 bit is better?

Djohn 23:22 21 Apr 04

I think he means 16 colours not 16 bit. the former which he mentions in his post is very similar to "Safe" mode.

ramblerjohn 20:48 28 Apr 04

It was caused by a virus now sorted thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…