display settings

Mankster 13:58 05 Jul 03

I wonder if any one can help? A friend of mine was given a 14" colour monitor (unbranded) to replace is old one that was broken, but he can only adjust the vertical hold and not the horizontal as there is no button for doing this,he has loaded the latest driver for his graphics but he still has black spaces either side of his desktop display, I think the maximum refresh rate is 50 Hz.the model number of the monitor is(JK1461) and the o/s is Windows ME.

Lú-tzé 14:11 05 Jul 03

First of all readjust the vertical hold until there is the same space at the top and bottom as there is on the sides. Then try setting the display to the lowest - maybe 800 x 600 - if that does not fit, try a the next setting.

Jamie.com 14:14 05 Jul 03

I take it you have change the resolution of your computer in Windows, by click the Start button on your task bar, then select Settings, then click on Control Panel. In the Control Panel window, double-click the Display icon.
This will open the Display Properties window. Select Settings, then change the Color palette to a minimum of 256 colours. You can change your settings to a minimum of 800 x 600 pixels. If your video card and monitor are capable you may wish to use a higher resolution such as 1024 x 768. You may of tried it, but you didnt say.
Let me know how you get on.

Mankster 14:18 05 Jul 03

Thanks for your reply, I will try your suggestion,thank you.but i cant until sunday,
Any other suggestions would be gratefully accepted.

Mankster 14:21 05 Jul 03

YES thanks, did that .

DieSse 17:12 05 Jul 03

JK1461 is the model number of a WEN monitor.

The problemis, that if your monitor does not have a width control, there is nothing you can do about it. Lots of older 14" monitors come without a full set of controls.

Are you sure it's not at the back of the monitor?

Mankster 10:01 06 Jul 03

Thanks for your reply,, yes the monitor has got 3 buttons at the back but none are for horizontal control.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…