display settings

kingkenny 21:31 23 Mar 03

Hello all,

I leave my computer for a few minutes and the screensaver comes on, which is fine. Then the monitor powers off, which again, is fine!

But when I bring it back to life the display settings have changed, and i find myself having to use the monitors screen buttons to adjust the screen size back again.

Any thoughts

woodchip 22:28 23 Mar 03

Have a look in Device Manager to see if you have any yellow icon's

BlueMeanie 12:51 25 Mar 03

Hi

I've had a similar problem. With Windows 98 SE you can have a problem with the Monitor power off facility, this could be your problem, or perhaps an older monitor can not power back on correctly.

I have disabled Monitor power off and my PC now works OK.

kingkenny 10:12 26 Mar 03

Thanks for replying to this

I have looked in device manager and have no conflicts or yellow exclamation icons.

My monitor is an Iiyama 17" only 5 months old so I don't think that is the problem. I had changed my refresh rate to 75Hz 2 weeks ago and think that that wss the time it started. I have since changed back. The screen is only slightly bigger when the monitor powers back up but big enough to have the start icon half-submerged.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 10:27 26 Mar 03

Does the monitor have a recall mode it may need turning on so it goes back to what it was when it went off.

Regards.

kingkenny 10:34 26 Mar 03

I am not familar with this function.

Could you educate me?

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 10:38 26 Mar 03

lol.on my monitor on screen display i got different settings and one called special with auto degauss and recall both set to on so it remembers the settings i choose next time i start pc.

Regards

kingkenny 11:01 26 Mar 03

Cheers  ÑÌÇKÑÂMË

will check this out when I go home tonight

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…