display settings

laughing girl 22:48 10 Jan 04

I have the same problem have reformatted windows 2000 and have only got 16 colors troubleshooting in the control panel does not help and I have not got a cd for the graphics card this is a laptop and i do not know whether it is onboard or not can anyone else help, also my sound has disappeared too.

DieSse 22:50 10 Jan 04

It's essential you find out what type of graphics you have.

Try AIDA32 to identify it for you - then you can look for the drivers.

click here

curlylad 00:10 11 Jan 04

Go to this link you can get a free trial , it should be able to help you click here
scroll to bottom of opening page , click 'free trial' , then fill in the yellow form and follow on screen prompts , let us know how you get on.

curlylad 00:29 11 Jan 04

If you don't know what drivers you need then download this click here
and this will do an audit/inventory of your complete system and should tell you what drivers are installed (thats assuming that haven't been completely deleted) .You can then get them from the link on my first posting and re-install them, that is your mission should you choose to accept it !

hugh-265156 01:18 11 Jan 04

aida32 is so much better than belarc in my opinion.

install it and click "computer/summary" the scroll down to "display/video adapter" it will tell you the make and model no here.if you hover over the info with the mouse click the driver download link to get a link to the manufacturers driver download webpage.

curlylad 01:26 11 Jan 04

Yep , aida32 , nice , very nice , I was simply giving an option though . I've been through similar problems and it is nice to have some options. I also think its good that people are clammering to assist others problems to the extent of giving such options , glad to be a part of it !

curlylad 01:30 11 Jan 04

clammering ? sorry folks , well , it is the early hours.Now where's my dixshunery .

hugh-265156 01:38 11 Jan 04

lol!

no offence intended,belarc is good indeed.my advice is usually rubbish.

i just aida32 because it gives me things to click :-)

feb 02:15 11 Jan 04

Hi laughing girl
Try the manufacturers website you should find eveything you need there.

hugh-265156 02:22 11 Jan 04

laughing girl does not know the manufacturer yet,thats what we are trying to find out.

feb 02:25 11 Jan 04

I meen the computer manufacturer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…