Display refresh rate

How do you alter the refresh rate for the monitor display?

SMB Systems 01:46 11 Mar 03

Go into control panel in windows and double left click on display / display properties, from here go to the "settings" tab at the top of the new window that opened, at the bottom of this tab you should see a button that says "advanced", click this and a new window should open, once open click the "monitor" tab, this will tell you information about your monitor and about halfway down this window you should have different refresh rate settings available from a dropdown list, select the one you require (75hz or above is best) then click apply, then close all the open windows back to your desktop.

SMB Systems,On the monitor page it lists
DELL D1025HE
Monitor is energy star compliant (box ticked)
Auto detect plug & play (box ticked)
Reset display on suspend/ resume (box ticked).

There is no other info on the page.
You can see what monitor I have,my graphic card is a Geforce 3 ti200.

toxin 15:17 11 Mar 03

Spike 83!

Don't say what your OS is. But if it's XPhome do following

D/Click Display icon in Control Panel.

Goto SETTINGS tab,
Click the ADVANCED button
Goto MONITOR tab
there you should find a drop down list box of all refresh rates that your monitor can handle.

Go for at least 75/85.

Hope it Helps!

rct 15:36 11 Mar 03

Optimal settings for your Dell are 1152 x 864 @85Hz (I know because I used to have one!)

Stuartli 18:26 11 Mar 03

In some cases it's the Adapter tab that you have to open to be able to adjust the refresh rates - set a figure of 85MHz which prevents flicker for 99 per cent of the population.

Stuarti, It is on the adpater tab.
Set refresh rate to optimal.My current screen is 1024x762.Monitor was showing 48khz 60hz now showing 81khz 100hz.
Thanks to everyone for your support

SMB Systems 02:01 12 Mar 03

cool man tick the box

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…