DISPLAY PROPERTIES PROBLEM

KINGSMILL 18:32 27 Mar 06

Can anyone tell me why it is that if i right click on my desktop and select properties and try to select the desktop tab it takes ages to come up all the other tabs screensaver, apperance, settings, themes, etc are all instant sometimes i get the message saying program failing to respond.when i do get it to eventually appear it also seems instant until i restart the computer the it back the same

Tabvla 18:40 27 Mar 06

Do you have Folders or Files on your Desktop? If "yes" then the most likely cause is that Windows has to gather all the info relevant to these Folders & Files, which could take some time depending on the number and size of the files. The second time you click on the Tab the information appears immediately because Windows has already collected this info and stored it in a .tmp file.

Solution. Your Desktop Icons should only be shortcuts to the Files. Shortcuts are only 1KB and can be collected very quickly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…