Display properties - missing header

Barnacarry 11:07 04 Dec 05

When I right-click the Desktop and go into 'Display Properties' I seem to have lost the heading for the Desktop images, where I could pick a picture to display on my desktop. I now only have four headings - Themes, Screen Saver, Appearance & Settings. I recently used Freshui but, having checked all the settings again, I don't think I changed much and this may have nothing to do with it, but, alas, when you get to my age...... How can I get it back?

johnnyrocker 11:12 04 Dec 05

system restore?

johnny.

Barnacarry 11:16 04 Dec 05

I've tried system restore, even going back 2 months but still no joy.

Zak 11:23 04 Dec 05
  Barnacarry 11:30 04 Dec 05

That is exactly what I needed except when I type gpedit.msc in the Run box It can't be found.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:36 04 Dec 05

start -run-regedit

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

If there is a DWoRD Value such "NoDispScrSavPage" with a data value of 1 this will disable the screen saver tab. Change the value to 0 or delete it to
see the tab again.

Barnacarry 11:45 04 Dec 05

There is a DWORD for 'NoDispScrSavPage' but the value is already set to 0, in fact everything under the 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System' is set to 0.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…