display probs with old pc

Mev 14:41 27 Feb 04

I have an old pc that was built for me some years ago by a friend. It has a SiS mobo with integrated GPU. I gave it my dad and he uses it to surf the net, for which it is just about ok. Recently his monitor went so i got him a new(used) one, but the picture is not aligned correctly and the buttons on the front of the monitor don't work.

When i originaly got the pc it had a SiS program on it that would allow me to adjust the screen orientation through the desktop (my pc has a similar prog by ATI that came with the vid card). Does anybody know where i can get a utility for the older pc to adjust the screen? I formatted the pc some time ago and lost the original program. I have checked the SiS website but can't seem to find anything.

Thankyou to anybody who can help me with this.

OneSirKnight 14:43 27 Feb 04

sis mobo details, do you have them ?

Mev 14:52 27 Feb 04

Which details? The guy that built it never gave me the mobo manual, he was a work coleague whom i don't see anymore. I've had the case open but there isn't much in terms of mobo model number on it. Pretty much all i know is that it uses the SiS 5598/6326 driver.

Mev 15:32 27 Feb 04

if you need specific details i can try and find them..which details would you need??

I was hoping there might be a generic program to let me adjust the screen position.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…