Display Problems with new PC

Hercules02 22:22 16 Jan 03
  Hercules02 22:22 16 Jan 03

Ive just put together the lower spec machine detailed in PC Advisors Oct-Dec Editions.
Everything seemed to be OK until I installed the Fellowship of the Ring. Its fine during the introductory screens, but when the game starts there is a lot of interference on parts of the display - sort of wavy lines and flashing a bit like strobe/disco lights! The only other game I have at the moment is Rayman 2 which is OK. Ive checked all the drivers, changed refresh rates etc but this hasn't made any difference. Does anyone know whats wrong ?

Hercules02 13:10 18 Jan 03

Have I got you all stumped, then ? :))

barrie_g 13:39 18 Jan 03

If your running XP there is an update on the update site which addresses this problem.

Just been reading the update description it might not be quite what you want but its close enough to give it a try.

Hercules02 15:04 18 Jan 03

Hi barrie_g
Do you mean a Windows update or for the game ?

Hercules02 00:52 21 Jan 03

The problem I was experiencing is a fault on the driver version supplied with the TI 4200.(Ive purchased mine in the last couple of weeks). Ive downloaded the latest driver version from NVIDIA ( 18/11/2002)and everything is OK now. Ive posted this in case anyone else has had similar problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…