DISPLAY PROBLEMS.

Far-Away 17:05 28 May 03

Hello folks, a P MMX Win98 PC has developed a display fault. On bootup, it gives a display error message. After clicking OK it proceeds to finish booting up. But the desktop colour is not what it used to be. Someone says it is a display settings problem and so suggested that I open Control Panel, double click display, click the settings tab and select the 256-bit colour option to solve the problem. I did this but the only option was 16-bit. I did not see a 256-bit option. Where can I find it, folks? And if it is lost, how do I restore it? Thanks in anticipation.

DieSse 17:18 28 May 03

I think you mean 16 colour and 256 colour (not 16-bit/256bit). However -

Go to Display Properties, Settings, Advanced, and change the monitor. When it asks which monitor, select Acer 15p (unless you can find an entry specific to the model you have).

Reboot, and you may find your colour and resolution settings have returned. If not ask again.

3aspect 17:19 28 May 03

Sounds like you need to reinstall the drivers for your display adapter.You should have a cd for this,or if you know what type it is you can download them from the makers website.
To reinstall from the cd, right click on My Computer & select properties,then select the device manager tab, highlight your display adapter and select properties,select the driver tab and click the reinstall driver button, when prompted point it to your cd drive and it should find the appropriate driver.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…