Display problems

kingkenny 18:02 30 Mar 03

Hi all,

I have posted about this a few days ago but still the problem persists.

My screen doesn't stay the same size. I am always having to adjust it using the monitor front buttons. One occasion it will be fine at 66 vertical height, the next it has to come down to 58 to fit the screen. It is a small niggle but it is getting on my nerves. It happens on the horizontal size aswell.

I have my monitor set at 70Hz refresh rate which it can take. I have checked in the device manager and don't see any conflicts. I am using XP home with a Geforce MX440 64MB card. DXdiag tells me everything is fine aswell but this keeps happening.

I think it started around the time I did a scannow function to check the files of my OS.

B4 i reinstall my driver does anyone have any suggestions?

Lú-tzé 18:09 30 Mar 03

Only suggestion would be for you to try the latest drivers from nvidia - they are a hefty download though for regular dial-up so unless you are on broadband, wait for any other suggestions.

Lú-tzé 18:10 30 Mar 03

PS before installing newer graphics drivers, it is best to uninstall the current ones.

woodchip 18:13 30 Mar 03

You could try reloading your graphics drivers and software over itself

rct 18:21 30 Mar 03

It's very likely to be the monitor, if it's still under warranty (3 yrs for most monitors) get it swapped asap.

kingkenny 20:05 30 Mar 03

I have the above driver from the nvidia website and my monitor is a 6 month old Iiyama.

I think it may be the drivers and will try a reinstall and let you all know.

better get back to the mothers day dinner with my parents......

rct 21:28 30 Mar 03

I went through 4 yes 4! Iiyama 451s with this problem before I threatened my retailer with my card company got a refund gave up and tried an NEC, an LG and a Mitsubishi... all with problems similar to this until I finally found the amazing Philips 109P20... hope you can get this sorted quicker than I could!!

kingkenny 21:20 31 Mar 03

i have reinstalled the drivers for my card and it seems to be fine for now, thanks for the help everyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…