Display Problems

Dioxynucleic 13:41 27 Feb 07

I run a Mesh Matrix 3000+ NY on an AMD Athlon T 64 3500+ Processor with 1024 Mb RAM and a 250GB hard rive. It has a 128 Mb nVIDIA GeForce 6600 LE graphics card an an Acer 1916W 19 inch wide screen monitor.

This morning I had a serious systems crash which culimated in my having to do a reinstall from the Mesh recovery disc.

Subsequently, I'm having serious display problems. I can no longer find the nVidia program which controls the display, resolution, etc. Indeed, I can find no mention of nVidia in the system information. I suspect I'm missing the software which accompanies the graphics card.

(The monitor no longer seems to be recognised, either).

Also, every time I scroll up and down a page the screen shimmers as if liquid.

Is there anything I can do, or do I somehow have to get a hold of the nVidia driver or software or both.

My machine is no longer under warranty so I'm not sure I'll be able to get much out of Mesh.

Anybody got any ideas? I'm well frazzled.

Totally-braindead 13:44 27 Feb 07

The shimmering is what happens when windows uses its own proprietery driver.
This can easily be solved by downloading the Nvidia driver from here click here

Totally-braindead 13:47 27 Feb 07

Should have said, if you go into control panel and click on system and then on hardware devices look for anyexclamation marks in case anything else is missing.
If you click on display adaptors it will probably say something like standard VGA adaptor which will give you a display but isn't correct.

anskyber 13:48 27 Feb 07

Install these drivers click here

Dioxynucleic 14:23 27 Feb 07

Thanks. That worked. Unfortunately, I have found myself with a more serious problem ...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

New iOS 11 release date rumours UK | new features coming to Siri, FaceTime, Messages and Video