Display Problems

BJ39 11:03 06 Jun 06

Hello there! I am running an AMD 64 FX53, with 1gb ram, 2x XFX 7800GTX in sli,windows xp, and asus K8N SLI premium mobo. My problem is that my display only functions on 'digital' input on safe mode. I have to select the input,(digital or analogue), on the front of my viewsonic vx910, and when I try to in normal operation it goes blank for a few seconds and comes back on as analogue. I have both a dvi and a vga lead going from the monitor to the gpu,but when i remove the vga lead all i get is a 'no signal' message on the otherwise blank screen. Does anybody know of a fix for this frustrating problem please? My thanks in advance for your help, BJ

Dumble452 11:23 12 Nov 06

I've had the same problem with a NVIDIA GEForce FX5200 graphics card and an Iiyama Prolite E435S monitor. I've given up on the DVI cable and reverted to D-Sub only

BJ39 10:27 13 Nov 06

for some reason,after updating nvidia drivers, the default setting is dual/multiple monitors. To change this,open the nvidia control panel, select display - change display configuration - choose nview display mode to use,(select "one display"). Next select "select the display you would like to use", there are two little pictures of displays in the drop down window, select the one that most resembles a flat panel monitor, click yes to confirm changes, the screen will go blank for a couple of seconds as the system is updates,(don't panic!!) and Robert's yer fathers brother- problem solved!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…