Display Problems

Lettervanman 17:34 16 Apr 05

I am running XP Media edition 2005 with Viewsonic VX715. AMD 3800 One Gig of memory.

On three occasions recently my display has reverted to a very strange picture the whole frame is covered with very fine columns of lines.
The computer is still working and sound is ok.
However,since I can not see what is behind this pattern nothing can be selected with the mouse to try and see what is causing the problem.
By using the remote I was able to get the tool bar and then able to select a prog.and this was displayed on top of the pattern.
A reboot restarts with a perfect display and no other problems,and I can not make the problem happen, it seems to be random. Any ideas please?

woodchip 17:51 16 Apr 05

You may need to download Latest Video Drivers for your Graphics Card

Night Ryder 20:23 16 Apr 05

Agree with Woodchip. I had a very similar effect. Also check the add / remove programs in control pannel. You may as I did a while ago have two sets of drivers installed for your graphics card. If this is the case, uninstall all drivers for you card and install the latest ones.

Lettervanman 22:31 16 Apr 05

Thanks for your replys,all noted.I will do some tinkering and see what happens,but as I said,it seems to be random so I will have to wait a day or two for results.
I will tick it for now!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017