Display problems

Litebulbs 11:05 14 Feb 05

Hi

I have a DELL lattitude 800 notebook and almost from ownership, I have had a flickering display problem. It was there when ME was the OS and is still there with XP p. After startup, no probs but when I open a window, I get a rainbow effect smudge on the upper righthand corner of the window. If the window is for a web page and their is animation running on the window, the smudge gets wider. On certain pages, the whole screen starts to flicker and if I am on full screen with the window, the lower half of the screen becomes unreadable(blacked out) with a random screen flicker. If I resize the window the flickering reduces as the size gets smaller. When I have only a very small flicker 1-2 Hz, and I drag the window around the desktop, the flicker goes, until I move it back to roughly where I started from. I have upgraded the OS, video driver, BIOS and still have the problem.

Help please!!

curlylad 11:37 14 Feb 05

Have you tried reducing the refresh rate ?

Click a clear area of the desktop , right click and choose properties , click settings tab then advanced button , click monitor tab and under Monitor Settings click the drop down box and select 60Hz.I would also check the "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display" button , click apply , click OK.

Try this and see how you go !

Litebulbs 12:41 14 Feb 05

Curlylad

The refresh rate is set to 60Hz, but I will give the other idea a go tonite and will let you know.

Thanx

FelixTCat 14:54 14 Feb 05

How old is the laptop? If it is under warranty, get it repaired.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…