display problems

Bri12 00:13 21 Sep 04

Could someone please help i have tried everything else
i keep getting yellow horitontal lines when i scroll up or down in internet explorer+my desktop is corrupted when i move a short cut the background stays a darker colour
i have a creative radeon 9600xt256mb
i have tried different drivers+new motherboard drivers thanks

Diodorus Siculus 06:02 21 Sep 04

What operating system?
What sort of monitor?

Bri12 13:47 21 Sep 04

windows xp sp2 packard bell a727 monitor
512mb ram,columbia2 motherboard
do you need anymore info

Diodorus Siculus 23:05 21 Sep 04

What graphics card? Try removing completely and reinstalling drivers.

Grouse ® 23:54 21 Sep 04

I would have a look at your refresh rate in display properties, check that it is not set too high for your monitor, also if you boot into BIOS what is the picture quality like.

You could remove the graphics card and connect monitor to the motherboards onboard VGA connector and check picture! ( that's if I am correct on thinking that your Packard Bell PC has onboard graphics )..............

Grouse ® 23:58 21 Sep 04

Just a thought! you havn't got anything 'new' sitting next to your PC that is causing magnetic interference............

Bri12 01:17 22 Sep 04

i think i have fixed my problem
first i disabled my internet connection then
i uninstaled the graphics drivers +didn,t reboot then went into device manager uninstalled the card then cleaned the registry with system mechanic.I used Driver cleaner next then reebooted.then installed drivers i had previously download from ati.
it seems to be working the now but if it does the same again i will inform you guys

Bri12 01:19 22 Sep 04

Grouse what does magnetic interference do.are you talking about speakers

Bri12 01:22 22 Sep 04

thanks

Bri12 01:22 22 Sep 04

thanks

SEASHANTY 20:44 22 Sep 04

^

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…