Display problem after hibernation

Rhuddlan 19:47 22 Jun 04

When away from the comp for a few hours I put my comp into hibernation, and when putting the comp back on, the display looks slightly different, the icons etc don't look as normal, they are much more faded. And today for the first time after restarting the comp after putting it on from hibernation for 3 hours, the monitor didn't display anything, the boot screen and windows xp loading screen where fine, but after that nothing, no log on screen, so I had to restart the comp again, by the power button on the tower, but it seems fine now, it's just after coming out of hibernation. If I can disable hibernation, should I do it? and my verdict is the graphics card, am I right? I have a packard bell i design 170+ with widows xp home edition, and a 16MB S3 graphics card with 240mb of RAM, let me know if anyone needs any more info on my comp, thanks, Rhuddlan.

Rhuddlan 20:29 22 Jun 04

I think a new graphics card is on the cards

Rhuddlan 21:42 22 Jun 04

When I turned the power button off on my monitor before to clean the screen, the display didn't come back on, the green light was on the tower and monitor, but no display at all, what's happening? can anyone help please, I'm very impatient, regards, Rhuddlan.

THE TERMINATOR 01:41 23 Jun 04

I think you need a quick fix, and that would be to disable hibernation, it's the cause of all your probs....TT

Rhuddlan 12:47 23 Jun 04

Thanks I have done that, regards, Rhuddlan.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…