Display problem.

algernonymous 21:40 27 Sep 04

Usually, when I boot up, I get the bios/post text stuff, then a Win 98 screen for a few seconds, then blank for a few seconds, and finally the desktop appears. However tonight I get to the blank part and that's how it stays- blank. I've tried rebooting a few times and I've tried switching off and starting again but it does the same every time. ???

Cuddles 21:48 27 Sep 04

During startup press F8 and try SAFEMODE

algernonymous 22:25 27 Sep 04

Thanks. Am able to run anti-virus, tried to reload display driver but cd drive isn't appearing in 'My Computer'. ?

algernonymous 11:01 28 Sep 04

What was all that about? This morning it's all working fine again. When I went into safemode last night it was telling me I had an 'unknown monitor'. Strange.

algernonymous 11:39 28 Sep 04

It's gone again... (I'm using other half's PC to post this) I thought I'd reinstall display drivers, got as far as uninstalling, rebooted, then got same problem as last night.

Cuddles 17:19 28 Sep 04

When you go into safemode make sure you choose the option with cd support

algernonymous 20:58 29 Sep 04

Safemode with cd support option not available.

VoG II 21:13 29 Sep 04

Is there an option for MS-DOS mode or similar? If so select it and you should end up at a command prompt >

Type

scanreg /restore

and press the Enter key. Choose a previous date's setting (when everything was working).

algernonymous 21:15 29 Sep 04

Yeah, tried that - came back with 'bad command'???

VoG II 21:22 29 Sep 04

space before /

algernonymous 22:23 29 Sep 04

Yep.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…