Display (No Signal) First Build

I've just currently finished My first PC build and have tried to plug the computer Into my HDTV (HDMI).When I start it up the computer fans and lights on the motherboard do respond and work. But there is no signal on the TV screen. My Graphics Card is Nvidia GForce gtx 660 OC and my motherboard is an Asus M5A97 r2.0. Could anybody please share some advice as I'm puzzled and unsure. thanks

Ian in Northampton 16:52 23 Mar 14

Are you able to try it with a 'normal' screen attached via some other port? That would identify or eliminate HDMI as the problem. For instance - and I really don't know - it could be you have to configure the HDMI output once you've got the system up and running. I'm not sure whether it will automatically output to the HDMI port straight off.

bumpkin 17:42 23 Mar 14

For starters get it up and running on a normal monitor if you can, then we can address hdmi issues.

rdave13 18:22 23 Mar 14

It's an AMD board and had a similar problem. I had to connect the monitor via the mobo's gpu port then install the Nvidia drivers. Shut down then connect to the Nvidia card, re-boot and it worked.

Ian in Northampton 19:30 23 Mar 14

rdave13's post made me think. If you've never been able to see something on a screen, that must mean that you haven't installed the NVIDIA drivers. And with no drivers installed, I don't think you're going to get anything out of it. Am I missing something?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5