Display drivers

rabies 18:09 13 May 04

I had to do a repair install with XP and now can't install the drivers for my radeon 9200 card. Aida32 shows neither monitors or windows video in Display but does show details of the agp card. Device manager doesn't show them either. When I try to install the radeon drivers I get a message "Setup was unable to complete the installion. Try to set up with a standard VGA driver before running setup" How do I do that?

Diodorus Siculus 18:42 13 May 04

Remove it via the device manager and reboot; Windows should load default drivers or ask for them on a CD.

rabies 18:56 13 May 04

Thanks Diodorus Siculus. The problem is there is nothing to remove in Device Manager, as I said I tried installing radeon drivers. Are the default drivers on the XP disk?

Diodorus Siculus 19:04 13 May 04

Try starting in safe mode and see if you can install them that way...

rabies 21:09 14 May 04

Hi, Diodorus Siculus. I tried what you said but no luck. When I tried installing I got a message :-INF error. Video driver not found. Any other ideas?

PSF 21:55 14 May 04

In the BIOS try changing to NON plug & Play Operating system system. This way the bios will sort out your card and not windows.

I had a similar problem after a system repair. Changing to non plug and Play cure it and the graphics card was then recognised.

woodchip 21:58 14 May 04

Cannot you see Display adapter in Device Manager

rabies 22:03 14 May 04

woodchip
no I can't see Display Adapter or Monitors
PSF
I'll try that now and get back to you

woodchip 22:04 14 May 04

If not do a restore point

rabies 22:21 14 May 04

PSF
no luck,the only place I could find anything like that was in PNP/PCI config which already said it wasn't pnp aware. It also said primary graphics adapter was PCI so I changed that to AGP but it didn't make any difference.
woodchip
I don't have any restore points because it was a repair install

woodchip 22:25 14 May 04

Then if you have a full XP disc put it in comp and go to start\run and type SFC /SCANNOW

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…