Display driver has stopped working and recovered

JS28 00:50 26 Aug 14

My system seems to freeze a lot due to some type of graphics card/motherboard problem. At first it used to happen a few times a week but now it happens several times a day and is disrupting my work. Sometimes the system hangs for a few seconds and then its fine; but on other occasions the screen will go blank for a few seconds then refresh itself with the above error message appearing on the taskbar. However, now the problem has got worse and my screen turns off completely and requires a reboot.

I have already tried watering down the graphics output such as turning of Aero effects etc. but this has not helped at all. I want to find out is there any way I can diagnose the problem. If its a graphics card issue I can replace the unit but if its a more serious motherboard problem I will probably just replace the whole system as its quite old.

Please advise. Thanks in advance. My specs are below:

Windows 7 Intel Core2 Duo CPU E4700 @ 2.6GHz 3GB RAM 32 bit ATI Radeon HD 3400 Series

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:24 27 Aug 14

Sounds like the fan on the graphics card has failed and the card is overheating. My old PC had exactly the same symptoms.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac