Display driver has stopped working

chocolatejo987 07:40 29 Aug 07

I seem to be having a problem - my PC randomly freezes, screen goes blank for a minute and then the display is wrong - super large and off colour. The error message says

"Display driver has stopped working normally. Save your work and reboot the system to restore full display functionality..."

I have just installed new memory (see other post) but this did happen before so it is not related.

Any ideas?

chocolatejo987 07:57 29 Aug 07

I did find this on the microsoft site, but not sure i understand what I nede to do!

click here

rawprawn 08:01 29 Aug 07

Have you tried updating your display driver on their site?

chocolatejo987 08:02 29 Aug 07

I dont know what my display driver is...so dont know what site to go to or what to update. How would I find it out?

rawprawn 08:43 29 Aug 07

Download and run SIW, it will tell you all you need about your video driver.
click here

rawprawn 08:50 29 Aug 07

Better still just go to Device manager and click on "Display Adapters"

chocolatejo987 08:55 29 Aug 07

So I have an Intel (R) 82845G graphics controller. So I shall just google that and see what updates I can find....is that right?

chocolatejo987 08:56 29 Aug 07

Ahh...have found a link on the intel site allowing me to look for most recent drivers....thanks for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple