display does not fill screen

woodt 16:53 10 Oct 03

Hi everyone, I hope someone can help me with this, my nephew's laptop display does not fill the physical size of the screen. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I am going to see him on Sunday 12th Oct.
Dave Wood

Jester2K II 16:55 10 Oct 03

Fancy telling us the make and model so we have some sort of chance of giving you the instructions?

Djohn 16:59 10 Oct 03

The most likely reason with a Laptop will be too high a resolution. Right click on the desktop, choose properties, then settings. From there adjust the display to 1024x768. This is the normal setting for 15" TFT display. j.

Djohn 17:01 10 Oct 03

Sorry jester, I forgot to refresh before posting. :o(

woodt 17:06 10 Oct 03

Sorry folks forgot to mention It is a Dell not sure of the model, I am pretty sure they have tried the screen properties page, is there something in the BIOS which governs screen size?

Ian 07:26 03 May 04

I have the same with a thinkpad. I see that you have clicked that the problem is resolved, How did you do this?

johnnyrocker 07:46 03 May 04

whilst people sometimes find a solution themselves it would be of great help to other viewers to know what solved what as the prime objective of forums such as these is the impart of information for the good of all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…