Display adaptor driver problems (Japanese Laptop)

LJC 09:56 20 Jan 03
  LJC 09:56 20 Jan 03

I have a reconditioned Fujitsu Biblo laptop, which I bought on a recent visit to Japan, It had 256 colours or more on it to start with, but after me wiping the machine and reinstalling win ME it will know only display 16 colours. The display adaptor it is loading is a standard type, which only supports this number of colours.
I can't find anywhere info on this laptop, what type of adaptor it has etc. I know it has 4mb of video ram. The machine name is FUJITSU FMV-BIBLO NPIII16 it is a Pent. 166MMX

IF any one has any Ideas about finding correct drivers I would be very grateful.

LC

Belatucadrus 11:22 20 Jan 03

click here
For drivers.

click here
has a link that gives you the helpdesk for the Biblo series

" Fujitsu Limited (Local Helpdesk)

FM Information Service (Q & A) - Japanese only -
Helpdesk Phone: +81-(0)3-5462-9551
Business Hours: 9:00AM - 5:00PM (GMT + 0900), Monday - Sunday
Toll-Free Call: 0120-950-222 (Available 24 hours, within Japan only)

In order to help us expedite support, please be ready to provide as much of the following information as you can:

Model Name
Part Number
Serial Number "

As it says Japanese only, best of luck.

BlueMeanie 23:08 20 Jan 03

Hi

If you are fortunate, on some PC's when they power-on, the video bios informs you via the screen, details of the display adapter. It is only diplayed for a second if at all.

Can you spot a name like Cirrus, S3 Virge, SIS etc etc ??

Have you tried entering the Bios, some laptops have info within.

Regards and good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…