Display Adapter Conflict - ACPI BIOS

Flat Face 16:46 30 Sep 04

I have just had to reload windows 98SE, and for some reason it is coming up with an error stating that I have two ACPI.SYS Bus types (code 2)
I presume this would be dealt with by updating the BIOS, but where is there a reliable site to download it from?
Looking on the WEB they seem to be associated with Adware sellers and I don't want to undo the reinstallation with a load of junk.
The Toshiba website is quite a maze!
The machine is a Toshiba 320CDS

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:02 30 Sep 04

Have you loaded the Motherboard drivers first?

They came on the CD with the machine.

Flat Face 20:46 30 Sep 04

I assume so, MasterCare replaced the motherboard and Toshiba themselves loaded windows 98SE onto the machine.

I have now identified Toshiba BIOS upgrade site under their archives - this has not resolved the problem.

The main consequence of the conflict is that I cannot load anything above 480x640 with minimum colours

Flat Face 10:46 01 Oct 04

Having contacted MasterCare they spoke to Toshiba who very promptly sent a zipped file with the new Display Drivers, which have completly solved the program. As Toshiba also stepped in to recover the computer and reloaded Windows 98SE they really are the stars of the show - certainly they know how to engender customer loyalty!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…