dispaly problem

Modac 14:59 25 Feb 03

Please can anyone help? I have a desktop running on windows home edition, upgraded it to pro edition, but had difficulty installing the vga card geforce4 mx440, so it only reflected 32 and 16bit. Somewhere along the line I fiddled with the display setting and clicked on something like ..on demand in the advanced setting, since rebooting, the system only shows up to starting windows xp, but doesn't get to the user account page, the display just remains blank. What can be done to correct this, hope it's not a serious problem. system is amd xp2200, 512mb ram

pcnewbie 15:40 25 Feb 03

Im not very experienced, (name says that), but..... If the display is switching off just past the logo start up screen, then i think that the driver isn't installed properly. i had this once and used the TV out as a way of seeing the account page thus allowing you to make alterations. On mine, when the display went off it read "video output out of range" and the TV out is then enabled. I had a video lead that connects at the back and connects to my TV. Try it. Hope it works.

Cheers

sizzler 15:49 25 Feb 03

you must have changed the display settings beyond the monitors caperbilities try starting in safe mode press f8 at the post and set the display to 16 bit 480 by 680 and restart dont forget to apply the settings this should sort it out then you can check the driver is properley installed

Modac 16:03 25 Feb 03

thanks sizzler, but what do you mean by "at post" cos all I come across at the after pressing f8 still referred me to the OS which is xp, even the enable vga mode didn't help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now