diskserv?

algernonymous 23:00 14 Jun 04

Right. When surfing I occasionally get a small window come up titled 'diskserv'- 'This program has performed an illegai operation and will be shut down.' I click on 'Close', then nothing much happens.(I can carry on as normal). But sometimes the screen freezes for a minute thenwhen I use the scroll wheel on the mouse, it increases/reduces text size instead and if I try to type nothing happens-except vowels work with double dot above them (!?). Its happening right now- I'm typing this into notepad then copy/pasting it into message box. Any ideas?

SANTOS7 23:03 14 Jun 04

click here this should help, good luck

Fruit Bat 23:03 14 Jun 04

looks like a Trojan click here

SANTOS7 23:04 14 Jun 04

well that should do it then!!!

algernonymous 13:30 15 Jun 04

Thanks both. I deleted the registry value no problem but the file in C:\windows won't delete as I get the message 'Cannot delete diskserv: The specified file is being used by Windows' ?

algernonymous 13:30 15 Jun 04

Thanks both. I deleted the registry value no problem but the file in C:\windows won't delete as I get the message 'Cannot delete diskserv: The specified file is being used by Windows' ?

algernonymous 12:53 16 Jun 04

Sorted. Did it straight after logging off last time but have been unable to access PC advisor site since then. Until now. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…