Disks with computer magazines

Pentode 14:10 26 Feb 06

Should there be a time limit for registering full software.If so how long.

Pamy 14:28 26 Feb 06

Read the mag

rdave13 14:53 26 Feb 06

Personally I think no; as you've paid for the mag and you should be able to register anytime at your leisure.

Diemmess 15:22 26 Feb 06

Putting it the other way.....
Many of the more attractive programs are Time Limited.
One week, 30days and so on.
The time starts when you install the program.
If you don't register (and pay the licence fee) the program becomes disabled.

Pentode 14:41 27 Feb 06

Do not understand what Pamy is on about. Diemmess full programmes not time limited.

ventanas 15:00 27 Feb 06

Depends on the vendor. I've had success more than a year later with some. Others, the registration page disappears after a period of time. If you have one that is a bit old, try it and see.

Diemmess 15:02 27 Feb 06

Can you be more specific, Which program is it where you are having difficulty with registration?

I was talking in general terms and insist that many cover programs are either cut down versions which will edit but not save, or some automatically disable themselves so many days after installing.

As Pamy says, if you look in the magazine's section which describes "This Month's Fantastic CD" you will often find restrictions in the small print.

The quality varies from mag to mag and month to month and there are often really worthwhile programs, but not this good IMHO every month.

Registration of a new paid for application is often part of the installation, can have benefits and will certainly result in a shed-load of email, but is usually not mandatory.

As I said at the top, which program has you bothered?

johndrew 15:20 27 Feb 06

but it seems reasonable for registration of a program supplied by a magazine to be time limited; that is the time from publication of the magazine for a purchaser to register the product.

If all such offers were left open forever it would be almost impossible for magazines and software companies to cope with the volume of various offers and registration numbers produced. Ignoring the fact that programs are updated and later versions become available in magazine disks - eventually.

Most magazines and suppliers give a reasonable period to register, for unlimited useage, and once registered the code/key is valid on the specific software for continued use. If you try the software, like it and think you may want it in the future, rather than currently, all you need to do is keep the code/key safe for future installation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009