Diskeeper programme problem

Kikkoman 18:14 14 Nov 05

Hi.

I'm trying to use the Diskeeper home trial software.

When trying to analyse the c drive i cannot get past 30%, then i get the fatal error sign come up.

Then i get the following.

Findings on C:

Diskeeper has completed analysis of this volume and found 1428 fragmented files and/or directories and 3657 excess fragments.

The average number of fragments per file is 1.13.

This volume is heavily fragmented, with 40% of the total volume space available for defragmentation. If you haven't run Diskeeper on this volume yet, it is time to do so. If you have run Diskeeper on this volume, you should schedule Diskeeper to run more often than it has been running to reduce the current fragmentation and maintain a lower level of fragmentation. Also, scheduling Diskeeper to run at times when system activity is low improves the overall performance of your computer.

How can i get past this problem, and get it to work.

Also, are there any other softwaer programmes to try.

Thanks to all

PaulB2005 18:40 14 Nov 05

1) "i get the fatal error sign come up" Any message with that?

2) Have you tried just clickng on Defragment instead of Analyse?

mattyc_92 18:42 14 Nov 05

Have you tried reinstalling the program (and/or downloading it from a "Mirror" download site e.g. click here and reinstalling)?

Kikkoman 19:22 14 Nov 05

Thanks PaulB2005.

Yes i did try your suggestion at the time but
it did nothing.

Thanks mattyc_92

I will give that a try.

Thanks both for your time.

ACOLYTE 19:41 14 Nov 05

By the looks of what you have wrote you have analized the disk but not defragged it.To set smart schedular click the set it abd foget it option on the left,then select smart schedule,tick the box to apply it to all drives and hit ok.

BigRik 01:18 15 Nov 05

You could try a free 30 day evaluation of PerfectDisk 7.0 from Raxco click here.

I think its a wonderful defrag utility.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…