Diskeeper Pro 10

Angry Kid 22:20 12 Jun 06

Can anyone tell me if this is more suited to NTFS systems rather than FAT32?

Angry ;)

terryf 22:23 12 Jun 06

I don't know but I do know that I had probs because when my disk was failing, diskeeper locked it up so that I couldn't run chksdsk, I now use PerfectDisk with no probs (I have replaced the faulty hd)

Angry Kid 22:37 13 Jun 06

^bump

The Spires 01:01 14 Jun 06

It will do either, although if you are running XP there are advantages to using NTFS. I agree with terryf, PerfectDisk is a better product than Diskeeper although it's interface is not as pretty.

Andsome 08:19 14 Jun 06

Tried Perfect disk and DUMPED it. I find that Diskeeper 10 does all that it says on the tin for me. I wouldn't be without it now.

ACOLYTE 10:50 14 Jun 06

I Have DK9 and find it does what i need,i do get emails from time to time to see if i want to upgrade my product,but as DK9 is working and doing what i want im not to bothered.
Diskeeper should work just as good with FAT32 as it does with NTFS,although i have only used it on NTFS file systems so i cant comment on what if any problems you may have.

Angry Kid 10:01 17 Jun 06

Thanks for the various replies.

It is not my problem as my system is NTFS. My father has a laptop and he has the FAT32. When running Diskeeper 10 it is taking between four and seven hours to defrag!!!

He has all the recommended security software on and has scanned to see if he has any problems. However, this issue still remains.

I think he is going to convert to NTFS to see if this improves things.

Angry ;)

Angry Kid 16:53 18 Jun 06

Just an update following my last post.

Yesterday my father converted his laptop from FAT32 to NTFS and now Diskeeper is running very quickly. This was obviously the cause of the original problem.

Angry ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…