Diskeeper and "low performing system files"

ianeon 17:45 27 May 06

After running Diskeeper, the graphics on the screen indicate that I have a number of "low performing system files" - Is there a way of identifying these files and changing them into normal performing files? - I run XP Pro SP2 and Diskeeper 10 - Thank you for your time - Ian

Gongoozler 18:23 27 May 06

This might help click here and this click here. If, however, you haven't had any problems with these files slowing your computer, then it probably isn't worthh worrying about.

anskyber 18:53 27 May 06

Diskeeper will do that for you. It is best to start with choosing configuration properties from the tool bar and selecting frag shield. follow the instructions since it will tell you if there is enough "system space" and adjust it for you if not.

Then do a Boot Time defrag wich will defrag the system files that are normally used for the OS. This can take some time, it is also usual for the Diskeeper to schedule a HD disc check as part of that process. This also takes time.

Look in DK overview on what happens if you want more info before proceding.

ianeon 22:09 27 May 06

Thank you for that quick response - I shall do this and let you know how things progress - My computer works very well, no problems, it was more of a "curiosity" thing - Thank you - Ian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…