Diskeeper Lite.

anniesboy68 17:40 15 Mar 08

Have downloaded this which I understand will run on Vista. However it will not load [installed ok I think]. I keep getting a message "Diskeeper lite does not allow access to terminal services. Purchase the full version etc etc". Any observations please why this is so?

kdt 17:42 15 Mar 08

don't know but auslogics disk defrag is good as well & free.

anniesboy68 17:54 15 Mar 08

Yes just downloaded and installed. Will dispose of diskeeper, thanks

maghemite 16:28 17 Mar 08

Diskeeper Lite is not certified for Vista that's why it does not work. In fact, if I am not wrong, DK Lite is about 7 years old!! I suggest you don't try it with Vista.

Diskeeper 2008 on the other hand is excellent for vista with even some Vista-specific defrag modes. Although it's not free, it's far better than the Auslogics one; well worth the money.

Stuartli 16:32 17 Mar 08

Diskkeeper Lite, IIRC, was the basis for the original Windows Defrag utility.

Stuartli 16:33 17 Mar 08

I also use the free Auslogics defragger - works fine for me and certainly much better, I've found, than IOBit.

sunny staines 18:49 17 Mar 08

tried lots of defrags[not dk2008] so far jk defrag [free]recommended by cocteau is the most impressive better than iobit,auslogics,dk2007,norton defrag.

anniesboy68 20:11 17 Mar 08

Thanks all for the input. Have just downloaded JK defragger to have a look. Didn't install screensaver. Although the defragger seem to be working ok the display is horrible, not what I am used to. Looks corrupted somehow. any views on that. AB 68

brundle 20:33 17 Mar 08

That's sort of the point - the display is showing the distribution of data across the disk. When it's continous from start to finish, your files are defragged and contiguous.

sunny staines 20:33 17 Mar 08

read the web page re jk defrag click here

the display is in pixels instead of blocks. I ran the defrag then set up a schedule cmd.exe as explained and no longer worry about defrag. [I set mine to run each time the pc boots up so it defrags before other stuff runs, if i want to access the pc quickly i just close the cmd screen it closes ok as described on the web page]

anniesboy68 20:44 17 Mar 08

Brundle/Sunnystaines/ [I used to play the trumpet down that way [Staines that is]. Thanks for the info Yes will, or am now printing the information, looks good!!!! AB 68

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…