Diskeeper 9 Installation

CDL 15:58 07 Nov 04

I am unable to sucessfully install Diskeeper Version: 9.0.504.0 on my machine. Or that is as it appears.Indications are that it is installed but the interface will not launch.If I click the shortcut icon a 2nd time I get an error message : "Only one instance of Diskeeper can run at one time" and a split second flash of the interface.

Errors are reported in the event log but the Diskeeper icon appears on the HD icon in the 'Storage' area of the Computer Management area

I am running XP professional SP2 on a stand alone machine, I have McAffie All in One Internet security installed

Any suggestions

howard60 16:19 07 Nov 04

did you have a firewall running when you did the install? if so try uninstalling diskeeper and rebooting then switch off your firewall and try the installation again. Also some virus checkers stop progs installing as well.

smy13 15:28 12 Mar 05

did you solve this as I'm running McAfee SS7 and am having the same issues

CDL 22:32 12 Mar 05

Hi smy13

Yes I did resolve it - by disabling my firewall for the period whilst Diskeeper was running -(apologies to howard60 for not responding - lost the thread somewhere)

Also make sure that diskeeper is set to start or running in your 'services'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…