Diskeeper

Big cog 15:30 20 May 06

When I try to run diskeeper I get the following message: 'Diskeeper failed to connect to the service. The service may have stopped. See the Windows Event Log for more details.'

When I try to start diskeeper in the service section of the administrator tools, I receive the following message: 'Could not start the Diskeeper Service on Local Computer. Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly.'

Any answers, please?

woodchip 15:33 20 May 06

Did it say that a dependent service needs to be running?

VoG II 15:33 20 May 06

What does the Event Viewer say? Start, Run type

eventvwr

and click OK.

Big cog 15:40 20 May 06

Event viewer says:

Error / Diskeeper / None / 25 / N/A

Diversion 18:04 20 May 06

If it's Diskeeper 9 you have to allow it access to the internet through your firewall if not it won't run. Although you don't have to be connected to the internet to run the program, I use Zone Alarm and when you install Diskeeper and first run Diskeeper 9 it will ask for access to the internet click on yes.

Big cog 11:08 21 May 06

Thank you all. I have resolved the problem by uninstalling and reinstalling the programme.

Thank you all. I have resolved the problem by uninstalling and reinstalling the programme.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…