diskeeper 10 on windows xp(sp2)

nickhurl 23:41 14 Aug 06

I installed Diskeeper 10 pro on my HP notebook about 3 weeks ago. Initially it was excellent, then I tried to use the 'set it and forget it' utility.
All seemed well. I set the program to run a master file defrag at next manual boot time. The program then asked and recommended that the check disk(chkdsk) utility be run prior to the defrag, so I selected 'yes' and switched off the pc then restarted it.

Nothing happened except the standard start-up as normal. I logged in to my administrator access and ran through the diskeeper settings again. This time I tried setting the timer facility with the same parameters as before.
Again I switched off the pc. Again nothing happened.
I then tried to run a manual 'analyze & defrag'. Thats when the problems revealed themselves.

Firstly, the message came up 'chkdsk has been scheduled to run at next boot-up, A & D cannot be run manually at this time'.

Several more attempts later, I tried the windows xp defrag only to find it has disappeared along with the rest of the systems disc cleaner and other items from the accessories list.

What have I done wrong with diskeeper and how do I get my accessories back where they belong in xp?

Any help greatly appreciated

johnnyrocker 23:47 14 Aug 06

system restore prior to the issues? and try again

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…