diskboot error

NEOSPHEAR 08:18 16 Jan 03
  NEOSPHEAR 08:18 16 Jan 03

Built a new pc m/b K7s6a, 1100 duron, 256 ddr ram 80gig h/d,partitioned into 5 partitions with fdisk.now i set it up got it running without to much bother and left it a day or to before firing it up again and it came up with diskboot error so i reformated c: again and once again it was ok after a couple of days it did it again any ideas? i know i partitioned and formated it right although when first booting up it is reconizing the h/d as a 81gig instead of 80 could this be the problem?

DieSse 11:05 16 Jan 03

80Gb usually means approx - so doubt if that is the problem.

When you have left it, and it comes up with disk boot error - if you leave it on and running for, say 15mins, then reboot - does it work OK.

Sounds anyway as if you have a faulty Hard Drive - even if it's just slow to get going, it shouldn't be.

You could try downloading an HDD diagnostic, such as Seatools (see downloads section) - and running it immediately you switch on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…