Disk Problem?

Daveboy1976 20:30 04 Mar 04

Hi everyone,

First time i have used the forum and im looking for some help. I had an error the other day saying primary master failed on bootup. I retried and it worked fine. I dont seem to be having any other problems except every time i boot up, the PC performs the scandisk but finds no errors. If i try to Defrag it, i get the message that chkdisk /f is scheduled and it wont let me. I have a weston digital, 40gb, 5400rmp drive as my primary. I had the problem with primary master fail when i first fitted it but then i realised that it couldnt be jumpered. I took the jumper off and it has been working fine for the last couple of months. My second drive is a 60gb, not sure of make but I have had that for about a year.
both drives are running in NTFS and am running XP pro. My PC has never run the scan disk once since I have formatted it in NTFS but is doing it on every bootup now.
Any ideas? Bad clusters posssibly? Im a bit lost. Any help or advice would really be appreciated.
Thanks

Big Elf 20:39 04 Mar 04

Visit the Western Digital site at click here and download the diagnostic tools which should indicate whether there's a problem with the drive.

Make sure you backup your data just in case the drive is about to fail.

Download AIDA32 personal system information which may/should tell the manufacturer of your other drive.

Big Elf 20:54 04 Mar 04

P.S. Welcome to the forum.

Daveboy1976 21:15 04 Mar 04

thanks ill look into that, cheers for the help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…