Disk not recognized

Big Nate 19:32 01 Jul 07

When I have a CD-R installed in the DVD/CD-RW drive, and try to download a file or picture to the disk I receive this: "Please insert disk in D drive". This has just recently started happening. For some reason it does not recognize the installed disk.

Andy1991 19:51 01 Jul 07

The prblem may becaused a currupt disc, if not try this:
Go to the Start menu > Right click "My computer" >Got to properties > Go to Hardware tab > Device Manager > Expand CD / DVD-Rom Drives > right click ur Drive in there and select uninstall (take out any CD before u do this). onfirm the message, then restart.
If that does not work, then go to the device manager again, right click the drive, and then go to "Update driver", u may wish to resarch the manufacturers website for a newer drive before u do this. The follow the update driver dialog's instructions, and also change some options to root to the folder where u have downloaded any new driver. Then continue, and it may just install the new ones if they think they are newer or better. This may fix ur problem. If the disc is currupt then there is nothing u can do, but it may just be explorer not entering the drive, try opening the disc contents with other software like ur burning software.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5