Disk is not formatted

CHEEGA 14:05 08 Jan 05

Hi, since installing the latest windows updates, None of the cd/rom, dvd rom, digital camera or card reader works, just says (disk not formatted). Can anyone help.
Many Thanks. Mike.

rawprawn 14:09 08 Jan 05

What is your OS, can you give more details?

rawprawn 14:09 08 Jan 05

also have you tried System restore ?

CHEEGA 14:11 08 Jan 05

Windows xp home edition with sp2

rawprawn 15:08 08 Jan 05

The last updates I had were 4 on 15/12/04, has this occurred since they were installed ? I can't really imagine that those updates would affect your audio/visual programs. Have a look in the device manager and see if there is a problem, and did you try System restore ?

CHEEGA 16:14 08 Jan 05

I haven't tried system restore yet. I had the same problem when I installed Norton System Works 2004. I uninstalled norton antivirus 2004 and reinstalled antivirus 2002 and solved the problem, but now its back so I uninstalled that and have installed Zonealarm security suite. Device manager says all the drives are working ok, still can't read any disk's or download pictures from my camera.

rawprawn 16:30 08 Jan 05

I suspect the problem lies with Zone alarm security suite, perhaps in the configuration. If you uninstall it do things go back to normal? I will have difficulty helping you if ZA is the problem, I bought ZA Security Suite but it kept crashing my computer and I couldn't find a reason. I uninstalled and went back to ZA Free Version and I have had no trouble since I would definately try uninstalling ZASS, particularly as you had a similar problem with Norton.Let us know what happens.If ZA is the cause it may be worth an email to their support team explaining the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac