Disk manager won't open in Windows 7

cavityQED 19 Jun 13

Every time I try to open disk management I get an internal error that states I need to restart the disk management snap-in. I've already made sure that Virtual Disk and Volume Shadow Copy are running but I still can't open the program. However, after I get the error and click ok (several times, since the error pops up about 5 times), Virtual Disk stops running according to the task manager.

I've seen others with similar problems were told that the .dll file may be corrupted. I've tried to find a replacement file but to no avail.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Your help is greatly appreciated!

rdave13 19 Jun 13

Have you tried the file scanner. If I remember correctly, in Win 7, start, in search box type cmd, in the list right click CMD and select 'run as administrator'. Type or copy and paste sfc /scannow and see if it finds any problems.

Then try 'start', search box, and type diskmgmt.msc.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

See 24 hours in London in 1 minute with Paul Richardson's hyperlapse film

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message