Disk Management

peter4076 20:44 18 Oct 05

I click on the Disk Management tree and all my drives should open up on the R/Hand side, but at the moment it doesn't look like I have a drive fitted,It says "Still connecting please wait" and thats been 10 minutes, yet in "my computer" I see them all, ant thoughts on this annoying matter?

PC Bilbo 22:17 18 Oct 05

You haven't stated O.S. but in any case it should display within a reasonable time so you may have a corruption in Windows.

Have you tried running the system file checker i.e from START > RUN type in "sfc /scannow" without the quotes. This will take some time and you may be asked to insert your O.S. disk in your CD Drive.It will help itself to any missing files.

peter4076 09:08 20 Oct 05

PC Bilbo
Sorry for the delay in getting back to this topic (went to Westonbirt for the day), eventually an hour or so the DM came up, didn't use computer yesterday, booted up this morning DM opened a treat, (must have been running something in the background it didn't like) Thinking about it, I had been playing about with Photoshop all afternoon, and I know that's resourse hungry, anyway thankyou for your response.
Will Tick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…