Disk Imaging Software for Windows 8

RegScriv 13:01 05 Nov 13

Can anyone advise on disk imaging software for Windows 8.

I've been using Acronis True Image up to now on previous versions of Windows with great success. The latest version I have is Acronis True Image 2012 but Windows 8 Download Assistant indicates it's not compatible with Windows 8

Acronis 2013 may work but I'm not sure.

Can anyone help

rdave13 13:49 05 Nov 13

I've not used it but EASEUS-Todo-Backup is well thought of.

RegScriv 14:30 05 Nov 13

Thanks rdave13, I'll look at that one.

Batch 16:02 05 Nov 13

A few months ago I tried a number of different free ones (e.g. Macrium Reflect, Paragon Backup and Recovery, Easeus ToDo) out for use with Win7 (having been using Acronis TI8 with WinXP).

I found Macrium Reflect to be the one that most resembled Acronis TI8 in terms of its manner of working / user interface. In particular I like that the emergency boot (created using the WinPE environment) disk largely replicates what the installed software provides. By way of contrast I found Paragon Backup and Recovery emergency boot disk to be a mess and highly restrictive. I've subsequently done quite a number of restores using Macrium Reflect without any issues.

Easeus ToDo just would not work on occasions. Not what you want by the way of backup software.

I pretty sure all of them will claim to work with Win8.

RegScriv 20:59 05 Nov 13

Even the free version of Macrium Reflect looks really good, and it does indicate that it supports Windows 8.

It appears that the main problem with Windows 8 is the new feature of "Secure Boot", which seems somehow to be built into the computer's firmware. My existing computer won't support this feature although Windows 8 Download Assistant indicates Windows 8 will function perfectly well without it.

Are you using the free version?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now