Disk Image Backup Query

Legslip 15:07 PM 06 Dec 11

I have finished reformatting my laptop and re-installed Win XP and all updates/Serv Packs, Antivirus and MS Office 2010. Is there any way I can burn a disk image to CD or DVD so that if all goes wrong at some future stage, I can restore to its current state?

KRONOS the First 15:13 PM 06 Dec 11

Do you not have an spare hard-drive you could store this on?

onthelimit1 15:19 PM 06 Dec 11

I'd use an external hard drive. Best options (In my view)are then Acronis (paid for) or the free Paragon here

Legslip 15:21 PM 06 Dec 11

I have a USB2 Xtl Drive. Do I download Paragon onto the PC then instruct it to copy to the Xtl drive?

onthelimit1 15:24 PM 06 Dec 11

Yes, it should be as simple as that. Worth reading the Paragon guide first.

Legslip 15:28 PM 06 Dec 11

Thanks people. I'll give it a run tonight!

KRONOS the First 15:44 PM 06 Dec 11

Or you can use Easus todo Here. I've just used it this morning to copy across my SSD to another larger one.Simple and free.

robin_x 16:39 PM 06 Dec 11

Current Easeus better than Paragon IMO. Maybe easier for first use.

A clean XP install should easily fit on one or two DVDs. Regular ongoing Images are better to ext HDD.

All Image programs allow you to make a boot CD/DVD as well to restore the Image on a non booting computer/new main HDD.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

MIT builds an awesome 3D printer that can use 10 materials at once

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites