Disk Image

KOGA 12:31 03 Dec 03

How do I go about disk iamging the entire Hard Drive.

TommyRed 12:56 03 Dec 03

Do a Google search for info on either Norton Ghost, DriveImage or Acronis True Image. That's what I did and from the info and searches on here for threads relating to any problems I chose Acronis True Image 6.0 the full paid for version which was about £35.00 from Amazon. It's saved my bacon a few times especially with my old 98SE PC which had no discs. HTH TR

pj123 12:58 03 Dec 03

To where? If it is to CD then I use Acronis. If it is to another Hard Disk then I use xxcopy from click here

keenan 13:25 03 Dec 03
  anchor 15:03 03 Dec 03

Detailed video demonstrations are available here:

click here

Diemmess 17:29 03 Dec 03

If you use HyperOs this has the ability to clone at any time to a "safe place."

Pro's - A multiple series of "computers" on separate partitions, .............. If one goes bad, say with unwanted software or o/s fault, it can be overwritten very quickly with a saved copy, or from one of the other "computers.".....................Partition magic is bundled with the Program...................If you want to do some carefree net browsing it is possible to dedicate one of the "Computers" to Hyperdrive (all is loaded into RAM and disappears when you revert to another drive, taking any virus or unwanted downloads with it).

Con's - expensive for what it is, with appalling manual..... Flecc saved me on this one and so far, re-installation is just a bad memory.

Terrahawk 17:31 03 Dec 03

norton ghost click here very easy to use

KOGA 12:17 04 Dec 03

How can I copy my disk image on to the server?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…