Disk Full issues

rupie 23:47 09 Apr 07

I have a file that is 8GB that needs to be transfered to my laptop. It is a movie file created by a client of mine (Legally). I can copy it from 1 PC to a 100g HDD but not to the laptop. I get an errror stating that the laptop has not got enough free space and that I need to delete something to create space. There is 19.5gb space free on the c:drive and 27.5 on the drive to which the file is to be stored, on the same laptop. the laptop is a [email protected] with 1.00gb Ram, transfered accross a gigabit network. I get the same error with USB2 or Firewire. I have done the usual defrag and disk tidy with a variety of programs, including reboots after each operation to no avail. What can I do Please ??? Please read the thread fully before anwsering

woodchip 00:15 10 Apr 07

It sound like you Laptop Hard Drive is Fat32 not NTFS Fat32 as a 4Gig limit on a file. You can find out by Double Click on MY Computer then Right Click on C:\ drive for File format

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…