//some 3rd party need geo

Disk drive drawer locked

I generally keep a cd in my disc drive for a program that I use regularly. However, when I want to put a new disk in the drive, it is very often 'locked' ie pressing the drawer eject button does nothing.
No program using the drive seems to be running but the only way to open it is to re-boot the computer.
I am using windows 98se

Any ideas?

Thanks

it sounds like a problem with the switch so theres not much you can do about it without getting inside the drive but remember you can always open the draw by pushing a pin into the little hole on the front of the drive.

huzzar 17:09 04 Nov 03

Right-click on the drive name (in Windows explorer for instance) and select "eject"

FEISAR 17:19 04 Nov 03

time for a new drive ?15 or less on ebuyer.com

Djohn 17:32 04 Nov 03

Although it should not affect the hardware side of your drive, IE: the eject button, I've found that on occasions re-installing the software driver can cure this problem. Always worth a try before buying new.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…