disk defragmetation

when itry to defrag my computer the folders etc pass over but no % shows and i leave it running all night with no results thank you

rct 17:31 16 Feb 03

Make sure that all background apps including antivirus are closed. 1st close down all background apps in the system tray then look in task manager (ctrl+alt+del) to see if any other apps. are running.

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:41 16 Feb 03

Download Enditall, a handy app that will close all running programmes fpr you. Use it and then defrag. All progs will start when you reboot....click here

G

Pesala 08:28 17 Feb 03

Freeware disk degragmenter can run while other programs are active. Also seems to be faster than Windows Defrag tool.

click here

Pesala 08:54 17 Feb 03

I set Disk keeper Lite to run when I posted the above response. I continued working, and went to the bathroom, etc. Defragmentation is compelete. Probably no more than 10 minutes.

can Pesala tell me how to download diskeeper as freeware as they are only free trials

expertec 19:06 18 Sep 03

Defrag should run fine if you boot into safe mode

click here for Diskeeper Lite

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…