Disk Defragmenter

amyjen7 18:11 19 Dec 08

For many years I used the Disk Defragment with Norton Security Suite. However, I have a new PC which has Vista Home Premium and I no longer have Norton. I attempted to use the Windows Defragmenter but after 3 hrs gave up. Over the years Norton would take a maximum of 30 minutes. As anyone had a similar experience and is there any software alternative Thank you

Kind regards

mfletch 18:14 19 Dec 08

Hi
I use this on XP and Vista

Free

Defraggler

click here

Technotiger 18:15 19 Dec 08

Diskeeper is IMHO the best .... click here

rdave13 19:48 19 Dec 08

Used to use Auslogics defragger but now use Defraggler, same as mfletch.

oh ..no 19:51 19 Dec 08

jk defrag
click here

jarani 21:40 19 Dec 08

Technotiger

please let me know how to download
the diskeeper 9 from your " click here "
I am a little confused

desi3026 09:15 20 Dec 08

Agree with oh no,now use jk defrag and find it seems to be quite good,and very fast (after the initial scan),will continue to use it.
Regards

Technotiger 09:28 20 Dec 08

click here

I have Diskeeper running permanently, it 'looks after' all my three hard drives. Just set it and forget it!

bikerider1 21:42 24 Jun 09

I would run Diskeeper. Maximum PC recently did a review of disk defragmenters and recommended Diskeeper over the other disk defragmenters.

Stuartli 21:46 24 Jun 09

IIRC, Diskkeeper in a Lite form was the Windows defrag utility.

As it was somewhat slow, I used to use IOBit but switched to Auslogics Defragger as it is much quicker.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…