Disk Defragmenter

ann-199314 16:49 19 Oct 04

Can somebody please advise me - I defragmented yesterday. It took hours to do and at the end of it I received a message saying that it could not defragment this volume and gave me a list which had a great list on it, i.e. Windows, Program Files, Documents & Settings, etc.etc.etc. It also says that I only have 49% left. Really I don't understand how to get rid of the things I don't want. Can somebody please help me, yet again. Thanks, Ann

recap 16:55 19 Oct 04

Defragmenting is easest done when in Safe Mode. Press F8 on start up to enter Safe Mode, all unecessary porograms should then be disabled.

Glyn-252301 17:01 19 Oct 04

There are many ways that a PC will collect rubbish and an e very usefull way program to do this can be downloaded without charge from- sclick here You did not specify what you were trying to get rid of. It would be usefull to Forum members if you could be more specific. Regards G.

Glyn-252301 17:03 19 Oct 04

Sorry about typing errors.

VoG II 17:19 19 Oct 04

Try defragging using Diskeeper Lite click here

It is much faster than the Windows defragger.

jon2 18:09 19 Oct 04

I have just gone over to Diskeeper, it's a lot faster

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…