Disk Defragment

GuZ><0r 17:28 13 Dec 05

I have tried to install Diskepper 7 Lite but it will not because it says I don't have access to the right keys. I have tried altering the permissions bu they always go back to what they were before. Basically what I want to know is, if there is another deframenting tool that is free and that works well.
Thanks

Totally-braindead 18:41 13 Dec 05

I presume that what you are saying is that your are not the administrator therefore it will not let you install the program. Why not just use windows own defrag program or is there a problem with it?

Wak 19:02 13 Dec 05

Which version of Windows are you running??

GuZ><0r 21:26 13 Dec 05

I am running XP pro, but I had the trial Diskeeper 9 and that said that i needed to defrag but the windows program seems to think it is ok. Also I am the only person using my computer and I am the admin.

VoG II 21:32 13 Dec 05

Have you uninstalled Diskeeper 9 trial?

GuZ><0r 21:35 13 Dec 05

I have uninstalled the trial where and now I want to install the 7.0 lite so that it is free. But I have read on other posts and places that Windows defrag can wreck the computer so I don't really want to use it, although I have done before on a different computer and it was fine.

Totally-braindead 22:07 13 Dec 05

I have never heard of windows defrag doing anything to a computer, the only thing that I have heard of is it being corrupted so it won't run.

Thalmus 22:38 13 Dec 05

Windows defragger is a perfectly good disk defragmenter and there is no need to pay for one.

If you want to schedule it you can find out how to do it if you click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…